I am not sure what the solution is for the preference point issue. I was a CO resident for 54 years with 25 of those years spent on active duty. At the time active duty could apply for preference points at any time because they were often out of the country during the drawing period. So I always put in for points. When I retired from active duty I ended up in TX teaching NJROTC and have a lot of CO points. I am currently sitting on 26 points for elk, 19 for deer, max points including weighted points for moose, and 3 + 15 weighted points for sheep. I drew a buck pronghorn tag this year and drew a Bosque de Oso bear tag last year. I have taken both a sheep and a goat so I don't apply for those any longer. I am really wanting one of the either sex elk tags for Unit 2 and a good late season mulie tag for unit 10. Even with 26 elk points and 19 deer points I can't get either of those as a non-resident, I could draw either as a resident though.

As long as guys like me are sitting on lots of points then new hunters getting into the game will never be able to pull some tags. But guys like me played the game in accordance with the rules put forth by the state. If they suddenly told me that 26 years worth of points were going to be negated then it would really piss me off. I remember when they first started the preference point thing. Nobody, including me, ever thought that it would take 25+ points to draw a tag. I do not have a solution but no matter what they do, someone is going to get screwed somewhere.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!