Originally Posted by DaveR
Well, I can speak to this a bit.

Just left KA after over 25 years. I'm an AZ boy, only leaving to go into the Army and travel the world. When that was done, a custody battle and limited options had me in KA. Then later, aging parents, duty to family, and meeting the W kept me there.

Then 6 months ago. The opportunity to return came up. I jumped at it. So much so that I left a 27 year old job to leave.

Back in AZ.

Yes, there are good people all over KA. But they are far outnumbered by the libtards. The last 5 years in KA were brutal. Lived in a very nice place (water front property in Marina del Rey), but the heathens were but blocks away, and creeping ever closer by the day. Saw the amazing deterioration over the last 5 plus years, and it was shocking. While SoKal was never my thing, the drastic downturn the last 5 years or so could not be ignored. People eating at outdoor sidewalk tables while homeless are dropping trou and chitting in the gutter next to them. Seen it several times in Venice / Santa Monica. THAT did not happen 5 or more years ago.

My first impressions after being back in my home state the last few months, is that there are far fewer self absorbed and entitled people here. Even in the valley here (Goodyear area), it shocks me how many people go out of their way to hold open doors for you, give you a break and "let you in" in traffic, etc. Race seems much less an issue here. So far. People just seem to get along.

Yes, there are chitballs anywhere you go, but this is markedly different than the chithole I just left.

Very glad to be back from behind enemy lines, and to bring my conservative vote with me to a place where it still matters.

I've always been an AZ boy. Have nothing against the good people of Kalifornia. But the good people are so far outnumbered by the bad ones, the state is lost. And I detest the place. Because of the people who have been brainwashed to believe they are enlightened and "better people" all the while turning the state into a third world country.

There's A LOT of great people in KA you'd welcome as a neighbor any day. But....they're outnumbered. Outnumbered by a group that no longer wants to sleep in the bed they made for themselves, but are too fuggin' STUPID to see they did it to themselves, and are now bringing that mentality East of the Colorado.

A lot of the dumbfuggs here came from east of the Sierra Nevadas. Go figure.