Originally Posted by Craigster
Originally Posted by FreeMe
Originally Posted by cra1948
Hate and distrust of "outsiders" is a human trait that goes back to biblical times.

I've known some people from California. One, years ago, was the quintessential California surfer-girl and one of the first girls I thought I was in love with. Several Navy buddies from California and they were regular guys. Currently an old Navy friend and an old girlfriend in San Diego and they are good people too.

Believe it or not, there are homegrown azz wholes everywhere and there are immigrants from every state who make where they move to a better place.

Unfortunately for many, it's the idiots that tend go get and hold our attention. Also, many people just need to have someone to look down on or complain about.

In our case, it's not the typical outsider hate. The people flooding in from California are arriving with buckets of money and driving the cost of everything up. For quite a while, a local family shopping for a house had no chance because these people were buying properties over the phone sight unseen for more than the asking price. Then they bitch and moan because the field nextdoor has horses kicking up dust or some forest road isn't paved. And they all buy a truck or SUV upon arrival, soon to be followed by a Razor that they think they should be able to ride anywhere they want as fast as they want. I could go on, but the list would be too long.

And your fellow residents/neighbors are more than happy to empty the buckets, aren't they ?

My friends and neighbors would be happy if we'd built a wall on the Nevada border at McDermott and turned everything with California plates. The majority of developers and contractors making a killing here are also from out of state. Locusts following every boom. Yeah, we'd like to empty a bucket on the heads of all the politicritters and promotors singing "come to Idaho".

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.