Originally Posted by Geno67
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by Geno67
I've met and know a ton of folks from CA. They're a mix just like anywhere. Once you get outside of the major metro areas, the good people far outnumber the whackos. It's really sad that the whackos are in charge and have been since Reagan. Come to think of it, that was about the time they instituted mail in voting and never again had conservatives or moderates in charge. Mmmmmm.

CA is far and away the best state in the nation. Close access to every different type of activity (outdoor and otherwise), close access to every different type of ecosystem. Within a couple hours one can be in a desert, on top of mountains (real ones), out to sea, up a river, down a river, at a world class bass fishing lake, etc., etc.

I would not choose to live there just because of what's happened in the last few decades with the people who make the decisions.

If Mrs. Geno gets some kind of insane offer from one of their tier one research unis, I'll follow her there and support her of course but that's the only way I could see myself being a CA resident. I keep my fingers crossed that one of the FL ones make her that offer, but they're hard to come by. More likely, we'll be on the east coast or a flyover state for a couple years and then back to FL or TX somewhere near the coast.

It can’t be both ways. California is a nightmare and they are leaving California as fast as they moved there in the 60’s.

California with all it’s virtue, is still a disaster…

It is both ways. The land and waters are the best and the people in control are the worst. The concept is simple when boiled down to it's basest points.

Do you coach “T” Ball?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]