Higginez;
Good evening my southern friend, I hope the day behaved for you, your fine family is well and you're getting the weather you need.

We're in the middle of a heat wave up here which is extending the fruit and grape harvest for sure, but makes hunting a little sporty in terms of getting anything that dies off the dusty, hot mountains in a big hurry before it spoils.

In the halcyon days before the beer flu and Crown Prince Sock's Evil Minions totaled our tourism industry, we used to get lots of California plates up here, especially in winter as we've got fairly famous "champagne powder" here in the Okanagan. That and our Canadian Loonie worth next to not much meant it was feasible.

Indeed you seem to be a fine fellow or have been to me, so there is that as well.

Oh, I've got a niece through marriage who is from near your part of the world - Folsom I want to say - and she's a fantastic addition to the family in all ways.

We in BC are often tarred with the same West Coast brush that the US West Coast seems to be. Some of it's warranted I suppose, but like California or anywhere I'd guess, BC is a comparatively large land mass and folks who live in say downtown Victoria or Vancouver proper may have no idea places like Grasmere or Chetwynd exist even though they're in BC.

Many of us from the rural areas know about the bigger cities because that's where the bigger airport is, as well as a bunch of bigger universities.

That said Higginez, folks being folks, can pretty much be malignant rectal orifices wherever they're born if they have a real mind to. We've got a couple here that were born and raised, though two of them are "no longer with us" as the euphemism goes, so it gives us all a reminder that all of us are just passing through, wherever it is we're at today.

Anyways, just a few random thoughts from the bear invested, dry and still sunny south Okanagan tonight.

All the best to you all and good luck on your hunts.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 10/04/22.

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"