Originally Posted by Exchipy
Originally Posted by RGK
Shooting one-handed in a bullseye match is definitely a challenge.
Bob
It most certainly is, Bob. And, 99-4x sure ain’t bad.

I shot Bullseye 2700 matches on the Yuma Proving Ground Pistol Team as an MP, having been drafted off the CHP. While most used semi autos for everything, I used a K-38 for the Centerfire Component and a K-22 for the Rimfire Component. Couldn’t get my hands on a .45ACP revolver for that component, so used a NM 1911. I used the revolvers in order to stay in shape for my return to the CHP when my hitch was up. Thumbing the hammer for each shot during the Rapid Fire Stage required a strict shooting cadence in order to get five good shots off within the ten second time limit at 25 yards. Didn’t always work, I can tell you.

That Army Pistol Team duty was an absolutely outstanding supplemental income source. Each month, it was one weekend TDY to San Diego and another weekend TDY to Phoenix for pre-scheduled pistol matches. I shared transportation, food and lodging expenses with a U.S. Border Patrol draftee MP on the Pistol Team to save money. We could easily live on the surplus TDY pay each month and bank our entire regular Army pay. The Army absolutely refused to accept return of any of the TDY pay, or for that matter any unused ammo, as it would screw up their accounting. I tried once, and was unceremoniously ejected from the Quartermaster’s office. Tax dollars at work, eh?

The 625-2 .45 aco (upper gun in first photo) would have done the trick for you.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

As this 25-2 would have, as well.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH