This is a recent reproduction of my original PPC match revolver. I made this one using a Clark/Douglas 1:10 .357 ready-made barrel installed on a 2” Model 15 frame. I then had it Black Nitride treated for durability:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I made the original using a barrel I turned from a Numrich Gun Parts blank on my Sears Craftsman lathe. It, too, was installed on a 2” Model 15 frame, but commercially blued to match the frame. Here’s a 25 yard Ransom Rest 5 shot group of Winchester Super Match HBWC ammo fired from that original gun, just after I made it, back in the mid-‘70s:

(Sorry for the poor photo quality.)

While I was assigned to the CHP Pistol Team, I was still a road cop. When working the road, I carried a stainless steel version of my match gun in a Hoyt break-front holster, which would completely close around the fat PPC barrel. It was a very fast rig. The gun consisted of a Model 67 on which was installed a stainless barrel made by pistolsmith Earl Stroup of Fremont. And, that fat barrel was certainly impressive looking, particularly when viewed from out in front. Or, so thought a fleeing auto thief I pulled out of the bushes at gun point near Lexington Reservoir. Stunned, he asked, “Is that a f-ing silencer?” “Yes, yes it is,” I replied. “Why do you have a f-ing silencer?” “Well, if I should shoot you, even by accident, there’d be no muss, no fuss and no reports; I could just walk away.” He was most cooperative thereafter. I can only imagine what he told the other inmates after booking.

Regrettably, I sold my heavy barreled revolvers to other officers when I separated from the Patrol.

Here’s an example of the the recent gun’s capabilities at 50 yards:

Full disclosure: There’s a fifth hit, just cutting the 8-ring at 6 o’clock and conveniently obscured by the scope ocular in this photo. Seems like there must always be a group-ruining flyer.

Every day’s an adventure.