Originally Posted by T_Inman
Originally Posted by SLM
Some of it unwarranted, but a lot is self inflicted.

Originally Posted by rickt300
Burns seems to draw fire no matter what.

Those are pretty much my thoughts on the matter. He doesn't do his business any favors on here, but he is totally aware of that when he posts, and that is just fine. Like Big Stick, he gets a kick out of getting people worked up. I find it entertaining.

The freedom to generally post what you want is the main reason I am at the 'fire, and no other hunting site on the WWW.

Burns schtick has always been shameless self promotion, ie, name dropping, embellishing his stories, pretending to be an industry player… If you’re trying to make your living by doing what you love (hunting) it’s one of the easier choices. He came on here and thought that as a site sponsor he had license to talk scheit unchecked. When he found out he didn’t he acted like a little bitch.
Honestly, his persona on here probably isn’t alienating too large of a portion of his customer base, since his customer base is relatively small anyway. I would’ve never heard of him or his business if it wouldn’t have been for his “hey look at me!” Style, so I guess to some degree it works. Negative attention is still attention.

IMHO, there are a lot better paths to garner the attention/success he do desperately wants. Lots of examples right here on this board.

Last edited by jackmountain; 11/24/22.