The lower rung Leupolds haven't impressed me, except the FX3/FXIII. Those have been awesome set and forget scopes in any weather or conditions.
I have had several, several VXI, VXII and similar scopes shift POI on me, and none were dialers. They've caused me to gut shoot a doe antelope which could have caused a hell of a rodeo but luckily she ran 100 yards and bedded, allowing me to get in closer and finish the job. I also had it happen in New Zealand on a borrowed rifle with a (IIRC) Vari X IIc 3x-9x, causing me to hit a red stag in the spine and later miss a hell of a bull tahr. I figured the stag thing was just me being excited and I should have rechecked zero when I first got the suspicion. Stupid me, though I did end up with a good tahr in the end. I guess that can happen with about any manufacture and especially lower end models. I am not sure I'd point the finger at Leupold for those SNAFUs.

I've been too cheap to get a top end Leupold dialer when SWFA 6X and 10X are available for $300, but may have to give one a try.

I must admit though: my three proudest trophies were all taken via Leupolds of one sort of another, though this Vari XIIc 3x-9x went down the road after it wouldn't hold zero. Luckily it started doing that after this day:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]