Originally Posted by SLM
Your post was perfectly clear. A couple would argue with a picket fence.

Originally Posted by Starbuck
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Yeah, but the gunsmith tested it and said it was perfect. All I need to know.

To me, static testing is of dubious value. It's useful to potentially save some ammo and heart ache by seeing if a scope is worth mounting to your rig in the first place, but beyond that, what does it prove?

IME, twisting the dials while the scope is clamped to a static mount isn't what causes scopes to go wonky. How a scope handles recoil, bouncing around on rough roads, accidental falls and/or drops while carrying, etc, are what concerns me.

A lot of exchanges here on the Campfire, especially in the Optics Section remind me of a hockey game some friends and I attended back in the day in Fairbanks. To set the stage, there is a drinking side, and a non-drinking side of the rink. Let’s call the drinking side the Optics Forum, and yes, this is where we always sat.

There had been many beers consumed (similar to many exchanged conversations on the forum). Our row of people was having a continued beef going on with the row of jaggoffs directly below us (Just for JB, they were some Army folks with the ringleader being a SF instructor). They would continually keep standing up so we couldn’t see the game - kind of like some people singing the same old story line in the Optics Forum.

This led to a continued heated exchange of “Sit the F down” with responses of “shut the F up and mind your own business” with neither side really hearing the other. No addresses, no lunch invitations were needed if we were going to mix it up. All were in the zip code at the moment. Only the women in both rows were trying to be sensible and calm things down. I wasn’t wild about mixing it up with Mr. Badazz, but I wasn’t taking any schitt either or backing down and I knew I’d be carrying most of the water, drunk or sober.

Towards the end of the game, my friend Dave was just screaming at the people below us to SIT DOWN!!! Well, turns out they had finally sat down, but ol’ Dave was too drunk for that fact to register. Read that again, then again, and let it sink in. <grin>

PUNCHLINE: Always helps to listen (or read thoroughly) before responding regardless of how big of an azzhole you are dealing with.

Last edited by Akbob5; 11/25/22.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~