Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by rickt300
It would have been a "Thermoquad" not a Quadrajet carb.

Could be... but the DPS mechanic called it a quadrajet, I'm sure.

They did have some aftermarket alterations on it for sure. It also had a Super Cooler radiator supplement added to it. The airshocks on the rear were a PITA to keep at a constant level. Like many air suspensions, they leaked after time...

The quadrajet was the GM 4 barrel for many years, the Thermoquad was a huge 1100 cfm 4 barrel that was actually a bit too big for small blocks but the factory put em on anyway. My first "Cuda" had one on a 340 and almost the first thing I did was to change it out for a 650 Holly, aluminum intake, Direct Connection cam, Hedman headers (sucked), replaced the 3.23 gears in the rear end for 3.83's I believe. With it's 4 speed transmission that thing was a blast to street race with. My second "Cuda" was a 73 which in the beginning was a 360 and I built it's motor 4 different ways to end up with a motor only slightly different than the one I built for the first a 1970 model. The '73 had a automatic trans I had Ronnie Martin build. The good ole days. Kids nowadays got screwed.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]