Originally Posted by jfw042
Perhaps that is what Montana needs - more difficult to obtain bull tags. Some areas are drawing for bulls, most are an OTC tag. The area I'm in is OTC for brow tined bulls, drawing for cows. I think. Seems to change every season. Never have I understood the brow tine thing. Instead of people shooting spikes, they shoot raghorns. Not sure what difference that makes. Other than raghorns seem to make the pumpkin army even more stupid than spikes or cows.

If the elk can get thru one season passed the spike, they usually get a little smarter in order to stay alive, but I confess I have killed lot of really stupid raghorns. Then too, spikes are usually still running with cows which makes them easier to find. In Colorado where it is 4 on a side or a 6"brow tine, we saw more mature bulls passed the raghorn stage after it took effect.Before that, most bulls killed were spikes that never got a chance to mature.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles