Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The meanest, raunchiest old cow in the herd runs the show

But you never hear of anyone ever killing one of those. Hell, every cow killed on this site is described as being a "nice, young cow"....... How the heck does everyone know their disposition?......grin
My '21 elk was a sultry yearling cow. She was a very sweet young thing who innocently stood there fluttering her eyelashes at me while I administered her medicine. However, even the young ones take the advice of their older friends and quickly start playing hard to get so you can't give them too much time to change their style of flirtation.

I killed one cow in NM that I think was too old to walk off the mountain.Another one in the north end of the Gila in NM with a ML.

Both pretty tough. The toughest killed was an old cow moose on a RFW hunt on Silver Spur Ranch near Walden, CO. CPW said she was at least eight years old, but could not tell me how old after that.I t took me 5 years to eat her.

Usually though, cows area a lot better eating that stinky old bulls in rut.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles