[quote=bsa1917hunter

That is a shame. Maybe people in general are getting dumber? I was just at the local range a bit ago testing out a new rifle and there were 2 guys at the range shooting as well. I was done shooting and put my stuff away, then told them that when they need to check their target, we'd call a cold range. They agreed. As we started to head to the targets, one of the younger guys loaded a cartridge in his rifle and laid it on the bench pointing towards the targets. I asked if he would open the bolt and take the ammo out of the chamber, as that is pretty much customary at any range. Open bolt so you can see that it's clear. He didn't look like he was happy that I asked, but I believe some people need to be educated. He was younger and stupid like you are saying. It's sad to see hunters doing stupid and unsafe things like you say.
[quote=SMalloy805]

At our private range when a cold range is called you do not touch your firearm while people are down range or even forward of the firing points.One warning. 2nd incident you are no longer a member.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles