Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by Torqued
Thinking about having a lightweight swift built
99.8 % of all shots we have are inside of 225 yds with the biggest share less than 100. Don't see a need to pack a heavy barreled rifle around.

Why a Swift or anything else that hot anyway?

This^^^^^
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by Torqued
Is anyone running around killing varmints with a fast twist 220 swift.

If so tell me about the rifle.

What is the twist rate
What is the lightest bullets that it likes, as well as heavies
ETC

Thinking about having a lightweight swift built
99.8 % of all shots we have are inside of 225 yds with the biggest share less than 100. Don't see a need to pack a heavy barreled rifle around.

I have several 220 Swift rifles and have avoided the tendency to look for fast twist. What you are describing as you use for the rifle, the standard 1/12-1/14 is more than adequate.

The reason for the Swift is high velocity, why stifle it’s intent? I shoot 50 grain bullets in mine with fantastic success on varmints and velocity will always trump BC at the ranges you are talking about.

I had a Swift custom made by Dennis Olson and he said the same thing and put a 1/12 twist in the rifle and it works great…

Good post. I have used a lot of 50gr v-max's, but I think I prefer the 53's better and they will run in a 1 in 12, no problem. In higher elevation, they work just fine in the 1 in 14's as well. However, for shooting out to 225, a 22WMR would work.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA