Originally Posted by rickt300
What is funny is that my first 22-250 had a 1-14 twist barrel, shot the various 50 grain bullets awesome and killed everything I shot with it no problem. My first 223 with it's 1-12 twist did exactly the same thing. Piles of jackrabbits, gophers, many crows and coyotes with a good number of foxes thrown in all bit the dust in a satisfactory manner. Mostly using plain old soft points from Speer, Sierra and Hornady. I also used a bunch of the various 45 grain bullets to good effect. It was uptown to use a hollow point like the 52 gr. Speer or the 53 grain Hornady. But this was about hunting and shooting not just holes in paper or hearing steel ding. Now we have all the looneys going all soft in the head over long bullets and fast twists that will not in any way improve or make easier the kind of hunting I do with 22 centerfires.

And that is the gods honest truth right there^^^ A lot of us have btdt and seen that. I gladly run a 53gr v max in my slow twist 22-250's, with the kind of accuracy that would make sticks head spin off its shoulder. Although, he's not the only one here that thinks high bc is absolutely needed.. There are guys that do, guys that can and guys with big imaginations....

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA