Originally Posted by Orion2000
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Originally Posted by KillerBee
Originally Posted by Raspy
Originally Posted by KillerBee
I am wondering if I can start a thread about the teaching of Jesus that will not be pounced on by the people that are posting here only to knock down religion in general.
Maybe I should try, because I do really want to learn, without atheists getting involved.KB

Sounds good, but you most likely cannot stop our Aussie friends...

That's what I am thinking, trolls are in it to annoy. Satan is in it to Deceive...

Fixt...

To question is not to deceive, but to enlighten. Rather than 'satanic,' it is a positive thing.

It is something you all do when it comes to other religions and other faiths and extraordinary claims, but neglect to do when it comes to your own.

That is the truth, and deep down you know it.

John 8:44 "You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies."

That is written by humans defending their own faith. Just as you do now by invoking the verse. Questioning is not lying, but it is a threat to faith.

Faith is not to question and adjust one's view according to new evidence, it is to accept and believe what is written and taught without question.

To question doesn't make one a tool of Satan, a murderer a liar or a thief, just a reasonable human being inquiring into the nature of the world as it is, not how we might like it to be.