Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by IZH27
It has nothing to do with legalism because it isn’t law.
It comes across as theological legalism or religious legalism. You (a professed Christian) judge or harshly criticize other followers of Jesus if they don’t believe exactly the way that you demand that they believe. Just like the Pharisees of Jesus’ day did.
To clarify I do not and did not say that God doesn’t communicate directly. I cannot because the testimony of scripture demonstrates very specific direct communication. However, this communication is always associated with specific messages given in the revelation of Christ throughout the scriptures. To take those isolated incidents and make them normative for everyone who believes is to go against the teaching of scripture, Christ and the apostles.
More assertions that are clear examples of theological/religious legalism, just like the Pharisees of Jesus’ day did.
You are free to believe whatever you want but the sincerity of your belief and the strength with which you defend your beliefs do not make them Christian.
Are you again accusing my beliefs as not being Christian beliefs…?
What you champion on this forum as Christianity is not found in the evidence found in scripture or the history early church.
The historical fact is that Jesus’ earliest and most devout first century followers never owned a Christian Bible, and never read a Christian Bible...because there was no Christian Bible to be had or read. But these men and women turned the world upside down; they’re the reason that people worship Jesus today; and they never held a Christian Bible because there was no Christian Bible until the fourth century.

Might I remind you, all who believed because of the witness of the resurrection and their disciples are dead.

People today know about Jesus from the Christian Bible. The serious ones want to learn about Jesus and want more information about him. They do sit around and dream about the Holy Spirit and remain in darkness. They read God's Word and learn from God about Jesus.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter