Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Do you really think God is concerned with haircuts?
Do you think God would ignore the honest pleadings and prayers of those not dressed appropriately?
Do you think God is as petty and petulant as us humans?
Do you think God plays favorites with us based upon our looks, hairdo, fashion and other shallow parameters?

In my opinion from reading your posts Ringman I see you as needing recognition….needing outside positive reinforcement and recognition for your “walking in the spirit”?…..I’m reminded of how we should NOT be boastful. I don’t mean this as an insult but it’s my observations that you seek confirmation and recognition for your “acts of walking in the spirit” and that if you are unable to affect change in the person you are praying for then your belief (as I understand it) would be that you “failed” because the individual wasn’t healed.

I DO NOT ascribe any supernatural abilities to myself nor do I feel them necessary to be walking in the spirit, in fact I’m so unsure and cautious when people claim such abilities that I generally, for good or bad, avoid those folks like the plaque. What I DO KNOW however is that if “you” cleared the sky, changed the weather, healed blindness and cured cancer that it was most definitely NOT YOU doing that! If that truly happened then God used YOU to do HIS WORK!

I would tread lightly with your adoration of yourself and your “perceived abilities” just as I would tread lightly when you judge your fellow church goers. You are NO MORE righteous than anyone else and your desire for recognition for your “powers” is a dangerous place to be in my opinion.

Do you really think God is concerned with haircuts?

Do you think God would ignore the honest pleadings and prayers of those not dressed appropriately?

Why else would He have Apostle Paul write about it?

Do you think God is as petty and petulant as us humans?

There is nothing "petty and petulant" about God. Noah's Flood was not Noah's Flood. It was God's Flood. He killed everyone and every air breathing animal which didn't get on His Boat He had Noah build. I am convinced at least 25,000,000,000, that is 25 billion people, including beautiful butterflies, puppies, virgin daughters, and handsome sons, along with wretched old men and women drowned. Of course I am just as convinced some of Noah's own kids died because they though he was silly for him living out his faith.

Do you think God plays favorites with us based upon our looks, hairdo, fashion and other shallow parameters?

Your questions amaze me! God's Word tells us He does not show partiality to anyone. But God does expect obedience. He teaches "Faith without works is dead." Faith in our own opinion is of no value to others; no matter how much one values it. One should be able to defend his answers without resorting to emotion.

WOW! I wouldn't be surprise if you think the same thing about the apostles written about in the Book of Acts. About twenty-five years ago I wrote a book, AND THESE SIGNS WILL FOLLOW. It is about the first twenty years of my Christian experience. There are about twenty-thirty stories of mine and others' unusual Christian experiences. I wrote it to encourage the believers who read it to pray about everything.

When I was a new Christian I was attending an Assembly of God church. I wanted to speak in tongues like "everyone" else. The assistant pastor asked me to kneel, so I did. He touched my forehead with his fingertips to pray with me. Instantly he jerked his hands back and told me, "God tells me you are going to have a very unusual Christian experience. You are to go home and pray for yourself."

I enjoyed reading. When I arrived home after work I would read the New Testament in Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John for five hours everyday. As time went on I included Acts, and then the rest of the New Testament. When I heard something new from a Christian I would ask, "Can you show me in the Word?" Right away I discovered that was accepted as a challenge to their Christianity. I was amazed. All I wanted was support for what they were trying to teach. Then I discovered the New Testament on cassette tape. Over the years I wore the heads off three tape players learning God's Word.

Soon I could answer most folk's questions. Almost as soon as I started answering questions I was accused of being demon possessed, "because no one knows that much Bible." Again all I wanted to do was answer their question from the Word. Occasionally I meet someone who truly loves God and wants to share their Christian life with others. They are not into attacking, just questioning and answering each other. Very rare, though. But Scriptural. God tells us to "be ready to give an answer..."

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter