Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by IZH27
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by IZH27
That's just it.
No. That’s not just it.

You intentionally insinuated that I asserted that Jesus and His apostles leveraged “the law” when I clearly did not assert that.

Have you no shame…?
Ace. You need to figure out one version and go with it. Christ taught himself from scripture. The Apostles taught Christ and the Gospel from scripture, what you call the Hebrew Scriptures. The whole of your unorthodox version of the Gospel and history of the church,even church history, crumples and falls. I don’t believe for one nanosecond that the Holy Spirit took you down that path. Do you follow the path of error all on your own.
Detract much…?

No detraction. You have stated that the teaching of Christ was directed at that Jewish people. You have said that the OT scripture was only used for that purpose.
Yet.

The witness of scripture demonstrates that Jesus preached about Himself from the OT text.

The witness of scripture demonstrates that the Apostles preached about Him from the OT text.

The story of Jonah and Nineveh demonstrates that the message of the Gospel, faith in the coming (Christ), was preached to non Israelites in the OT.

Jesus' ministry is filled with examples of non-Jews being brought to faith in Christ having heard Him and the disciples preach Christ from the OT.

I gave you two examples of many from the NT of The Apostles and early post ascension church preaching the Gospel from OT text. The two specific accounts: Phillip and the Ethiopian Eunuch, Paul and Barnabas preaching in Antioch. I'm more than willing to go through the text and post more of the many accounts of the OT scripture, speaking specifically about Christ and the Gospel, being used throughout the history of time to preach Christ crucified for the forgiveness of sins.

The whole of your version of history seems to hinge on this one point. This point is a house of cardsand is fully out of line with Scriptural teaching and the history of the church. Yet, you say that the Holy Spirit is leading you into truth while the "truth" that you offer us is untenable.

So the detraction is not mine.

Last edited by IZH27; 04/29/23.