Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Originally Posted by jerrywoodswalker
"I kinda sorta want one in 7.62x39 to fling subsonic 255 Sub Xs"

Good luck with that 1:9.5" twist

Stability calculator shows it working fine, Hornady says 9.5 works, and a poster on another forum tried them in a 9.5 twist and they made round holes, so I’m thinking they’ll work.
Would be tempted to try the 190 grain 308 diameter Sub Xs as well.
I'd still be surprised, particularly at subsonic velocities. I definitely would not screw my suppressor on until I was darned sure they were stable.

Midway has the 190 Sub-X in stock ($46/100), I waited months for them to come back in stock before I was able to order any (last fall), then they ran out again and it took a couple of more months for them to come back in stock. They recently got them back in. If it's something you're set on I would order them now.

I even wonder about the 190 Sub-X at subsonic velocities... While my 300 Blackout (Rem/AAC Model 7) has been incredibly accurate with supersonic Speer 150 gold dot blackout bullets and Barnes Tac-Tx 110 bullets, I've never got more than what I consider middling accuracy with the subsonic heavies. Maybe I just need to find the right load yet???

Jerry

Rem/AAC Model 7, supersonic 300 Blackout, 150 grain Speer gold dots, 3-shots @ 50 yards (my home range only goes out to 50 yards);
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Si vis pacem, para bellum