Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
I asked if they had any future plans to do anything else mini in stainless and he said no because there is no demand. I said most of the people I know would prefer stainless. He said he has data from all over the US and Canada showing everyone wants blued and a very miniscule amount want stainless. I asked what the data was based on and he said sales. I asked if he thought more people bought blued because that was the only thing available. He said no people just dislike stainless rifles in general.

Keep in mind this is from the geniuses who brought us such great decisions as plastic bottom metal and dangly magazines on a mini action. It's almost like Remington's marketing people went over to Legacy Sports - maybe we'll see an Etronx Mini for their next trick. tired

To be fair, the dangly mags date back to at least 1889, and even the much-loved CZ527 had them, excepting only the M3 version, .223 only. The plastic does suck, and has no place on an otherwise solid rifle. I’ve read that newer shooters prefer DMs over other options, and maybe that’s true, but they could’ve come up with something more robust. The guard really does look like something off a toy.

I was able to score a new stock for my recently liberated blued 6.5, and after assembling it tested it for function with some dummies. That plastic mag is noisy, not just cheesy.

What fresh Hell is this?