My grendel mini liked 8208xbr for a powder. I took 129 ablrs up to 2470 or so but my 10 year old at the time was recoil shy so I reduced it down until I hit a good node at about 100 fps less. It's a pretty mild load at 2370 fps or so but it shot several 1/2 moa groups with those 129s. We haven't put one in a deer yet but they worked on rabbits and a coyote at about 290.

I used 26.7g 8208xbr with a 450 and starline brass for that lighter 129 load. I took it up above 27.5 and then started getting pressure signs. I think my old load that shot incredibly well in my 18" ar bhw 3 groove was 123 amax over 28g of 8208xbr and those clocked 2500 fps from that 18" ar.

I've recently started working on some 100g ttsx and 108g scenar loads for my grendels and 8208xbr is showing good things there too. My stainless mini grendel is at the ffl now. When my new sig cross gets there in a few days I'll go pick them both up and get some new loads worked up.

I hope this stainless one shoots because I feel like I'm finally getting the exact one I want. Stainless, threaded, and with a 20" lighter weight barrel. Now if they'll bring in some stainless ARCs and a stainless 223 I'll get those too.

I hear the bdl mag boxes being made for them give the 223s some room to seat bullets out and they come 8 twist so they should do well with the stack of 80g eldms I need to burn up. My kids would love burning them up from a 223 too. Those of you running a 223 with the bdl mag box how are they working for you?

Bb