Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Originally Posted by JamesJr
As much as I'd like to own a Mini stainless, I'll not buy one with that awful azz plastic magazine setup. Howa puts a very nice stainless bottom metal on their full size rifle models, and there is absolutely no reason for not doing so on the Minis.

Actually, it’s aluminum, but you make an excellent point. It doesn’t however, keep me from spending another $175 to get a rifle that suits me. That’s barely the cost of a night out.

20 bucks is a good night out for me.......I'm tight

Yeah, it's aluminum, but still is a lot better and nicer looking than that plastic crap on the Minis.

When I buy one it’s with the intent of replacing it with something else, at least the guard anyway. The factory mags with one of the alloy guards might be okay for something that might be kept empty but need to be loaded quickly. They are at least commonly available. The CZ mags make for a slimmer and classier appearance, but are on borrowed time. I have three, probably enough, but might toss another one in my cart if I buy something else from the CZ store. They are very slim and tidy compared to the factory ones.

I only paid $359 for my original Grendel, so can’t fuss over the cost of a better mag, although a simple blind setup would’ve been fine. JO makes a guard for that too.

You think you’re cheap? We might eat out one night a year. Movies- never. Bars-ditto. We’ve both been some places, and don’t need to go back…..

What fresh Hell is this?