Originally Posted by Valsdad
wanna post your seed bread ingredients in the bread thread???

I'd probably try it or have the wife make some.

Hi Valsdadm, as per your request.

I developed my seed bread by modifying this online recipe from the Whole Wheat Bread YouTube I posted below.

Follow her recipe EXACTLY the way she does hers, except when you mix all of the dry ingredients in your Kitchen Aide bowl, add 1/3 cup of this seed mixture which I buy on Amazon. They are sold by Yupik - BOONAUASIG Yupik Organic Super 6 Seeds Mix. I buy the 1kg package. I pay $12.63 CDN, so USD it's way less!

The seeds in this package are all Organic: Brown Flax, Golden Flax, Sunflower, Natural Sesame, Black Chia, and Pumpkin Seeds.

Note: When I make similar breads, I typically go for a tighter dough, this dough is very loose, but don't worry about that. If you add more flour than she calls for you will get a firmer bread, hers is nice and soft. The way she does it is perfect! I use surgical gloves that I get a little wet so the bread dough does not stick to my hands so much. Then as she does, I knead it with 50 palm kneads. The bread is exceptional Toasted!

Also when resting in the pan to rise make sure the loaf has risen until it's 1" above the pan lip. It takes between 45 min to an hour. She coverers hers with foil 1/2 way through the 30-minute bake, I do not, in my oven it is unnecessary,

Also in her video, she says you don't have to grease the pan, but DO grease the pan otherwise the loaf sticks to the pan and is a biotch to get out.

The Seeds:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Jen Can Cook YouTube

Finished Bread

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Enjoy!

Last edited by KillerBee; 04/05/24.

KB