It just occurred to me that this is MY thread - why should I leave?

[Linked Image]

I'm so disgusted at the so-called "experts" posting here.

A lot of what I quoted here came from the pilot of the Sioux City crash, Al Haynes, himself. It wasn't an interview, but rather a speech he gave at NASA, Ames Research Center, Dryden Flight Research Facility, Edwards, California.

Jockey(shorts) says "Never mind the fact that I have talked to Al Haynes in person and watched him speak several times....." but he has yet to quote Al Haynes as much as I have in this thread - or even once, for that matter.

And if pilots only think about themselves in a crash situation, why did Al Haynes say, "Whatever you do keep us away from the city" when he was trying to get his plane to the Sioux City airport? It still doesn't demonstrate that he wasn't trying to save his own behind, but it does indicate that he was very concerned for the population of Sioux City.

http://www.clear-prop.org/aviation/haynes.html It's a VERY LONG read, but I got through the pertinent parts. In a way, I'm glad I was pushed so far as to read this speech. I feel as though I'm well informed about the subject at hand now. I think some of you "experts" ought to read it too.

And I hope if any of you idgets ever do anything truly heroic, the news media ignores it smile Can't see that ever happening though, so y'all probably don't have anything to worry about.

And don't forget what Al Haynes said about some of his instructors, Jockeyshorts, since you were one, and oh yeah, you were a captain too, right? I've been throwing it in everybody's face for a while now:

"Sometimes the captain isn't as smart as we thought he was. And we would listen to him, and do what he said, and we wouldn't know what he's talking about."

I think you were one of those kind.