Originally Posted by bxroads
This whole thread has gotten entirely out of hand. I can see Blaine's point, its just another day at the office for pilots. To Joe Public its heroic because its something they're not familiar with; I mean its not everyday you see a passenger jet land in the river and passengers standing on the wing as it drifts! If they want to make him a hero, let them. No skin off of anyone's back. I can't imagine having a beef with it.
Why can't this thread go the way of the Deadly force on BART thread? It was a good one when it started out, but them a bunch of idgets came in and purposely turned it garbage. It wasn't even their thread, either. Personally I think Blaine WISHES it was just another day at the office. Not consciously maybe, but subconsciously I still think he's jealous as hell. Again, that's why he wants to diminish the fact that so many commercial pilots have been heros.

And I can't believe this AJ person, who did/does what? worked on an aircraft carrier? wanted to elevate himself to the status of a hero pilot. Give me a break.