Originally Posted by amx1047
Originally Posted by Blaine
...I don't expect you to, but just take a look at the attitudes of the professional aviators here. Our standards for heroism are high.
You know why I think it is? You "professional aviators" here know you could never achieve anything like Sullenberger or Haynes (certainly not Haynes because Bill somebody was actually flying that one) if faced with the same circumstances. Not even in your prime. You're jealous. And so you raise your "standards for heroism" so ridiculously high so you won't look so puny beside them. Pilots, firefighters, you name it. Your "standards for heroism" will always be high enough so that you don't look so puny beside them.

LOL!!!!! I shut down engines 17 times, was hit by ligtning twice, had a serious flight control malfunction, just to name a few. Further, I flew big and little military aircraft at low level, at supersonic speeds, upside down, deep into terrain, in formation; performed assault takeoff and landings, performed airdrops, and flew air combat maneuvers.

However, if you insist that your expert opinion is more valid than mine on what is a heroic feat of aviation and what isn't, then more power to you.

By your definition, I've been a hero for a looooooong time...........

I think I'll keep my own counsel as to what is heroic and what is just expected...............