Maybe it's different in the civilian world, but in the USAF the maintainers and aircrew are part of the same team. When I was driving Herks, I'd routinely have a crew chief fly with me. I busted my tail to make sure the chief got what he needed.

One kid was so broke he couldn't afford any food on the road. But somehow, everytime we made a run for food, I always "accidently" ordered extra so he could eat without being embarassed.

When we unexpectly had to babysit the plane, I--the aircraft commander--took the first shift with the chief so the enlisted guys wouldn't be stuck watching the plane while the officers went to town.

I was the one who asked the maintenance guys how they wanted me to write up the malfucntins so they could more quickly fix the plane.

I was the one who made sure the line supervisor knew when one of his guys did a good job.

I carried my own bags, and often cariied the crew chiefs bags too becasue he was busy with the plane.

I was "norm' as far as a USAF pilot goes.

So I suggest you broaden your horizons before you open your mouth again and make assumptions about what you do not know.............