I find that most new chums are hungry for technical knoweldge with fact based opinion attached to it. When they ask a question, they really want to learn and know what you think, or they wouldn't ask the question.

I never heard of Jo'C until a year after his death when Guns & Ammo put out a special publication and yet I enjoyed it.

Elmer was featuerd in G&A mags for some years before his death and I read that with interest but being an Aussie where we put absolutely no-one on a pedestal, (cultural advantage sometimes) it was easy to see that Elmer had the same failings as most old time writers in that they condemned cartridges because of bullet failure.

Reading his work was akin to reading sports car magazines because he used high performance cartridges which was always interesting.

Personnally, my opinion is that JB, whom I have never met and never heard of until I came ont the fire, is the best writer since Hagel and has a knack for splicing opinion with findings when he writes, so that even someone like myself with 48 years firearms experience can still learn and is happy to do so.

We have the best of times now, because we can both reflect on what was, and enjoy what is here now. That is a tremendous library of knowledge.

JW

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.