Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I know the 6.7 engine and manual tranny are good. Can anyone tell me how the rest of the 2500 trucks hold up over the long run? We plan on having this thing a long time. It won't get hard use like farming or construction.

At this point, we really don't need the diesel and the capacity of the 3/4 ton. However, we're thinking that in a few years we might get us a couple horses. I could haul 2 in the truck and still tow a camp trailer. The Tundra can't do that. The payload of their biggest is only around 1800 lb, less than 2 horses will weight.

Don't know if they've put a better water pump on the 6.7's, the only problem I've had with my 5.9 is the water pump seal/bearing went out at 50k. My dealer is incompentent so I replaced it myself on my dime. The rams are notorious for the ball joints going out so keep an eye on your front end, might need work at ~100k. I haven't had any front end problems on my truck with a bit over 80k on the odo. I'm planning on my truck being a long term vehicle and just keep on maintenance, changes filters and fluids and running some injector cleaner through the fuel a couple times a year.