Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I know the 6.7 engine and manual tranny are good. Can anyone tell me how the rest of the 2500 trucks hold up over the long run? We plan on having this thing a long time. It won't get hard use like farming or construction.

At this point, we really don't need the diesel and the capacity of the 3/4 ton. However, we're thinking that in a few years we might get us a couple horses. I could haul 2 in the truck and still tow a camp trailer. The Tundra can't do that. The payload of their biggest is only around 1800 lb, less than 2 horses will weight.

257k now on my '03. Two waterpumps, 2 sets of shocks, 2 sets of brakes, balljoints and steering stuff done for the first time at about 240k. Built the tranny with 65k miles before it grenaded with the power upgrades using Suncoast parts. Its been great since then. I did have to do the infamous defrost blend door, though, and I wore out my original cloth driver's seat at 200k. Bought a set of heated, power leather seats out of a Laramie on EGay. I will keep it until the wheels fall off..........

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12