Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

Now I'm looking at EGR delete kits. Dutch - what can you tell me?
I talked to the service mgr where we bought this. He's installed some delete kits (not at the dealership) and highly recommends it. He says some of the trucks he converted went from 17 to over 20 mpg with an amazing increase in power.

[Linked Image]

The EGR is a horrible thing. It sends exhaust crap back into the engine and you wouldn't believe how much gunk builds up in the charge pipe and manifold. Getting rid of that thing is good if you don't need it for an emissions check.

The 6.7 is sluggish compared to a 5.9 and gets worse mileage. For emissions they altered the tuning. Put some good tuning in there and it will come alive and improve economy. For DMax the absolute best tuner is EFI Live. Nothing else has the same flexibility. It's recently become available for the 6.7 Cummins. EFI isn't a canned tune, it's a tuner.....a program that allows your laptop to talk with the ECM. Numbers are fed into the tables, then sent to the ECM. They can be tested and then custom altered to suit your particular truck and conditions. Call Zach at Starlite Diesel in Grantsville, Utah. He was an EFI beta tester for the Cummins tuner.