Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I think we just found a dandy. It's an '08 Dodge quad cab with the long bed, 6.7 diesel and a 6 speed manual!! Love those stick shifts. I ran a VIN check and it's clean. 66k miles. Plus, it's priced $4000 BELOW KBB. The lowest gear is a granny, the top is an OD, so essentially it's a 4-spd around town.

In spite of what the Toyota salesman told us, they wouldn't deal on the Tundra at all. We'd have bought it if they'd come down a couple grand.

This Dodge is 13" longer than the Tundra in spite of having the same bed length. Much of the difference is in the rear seat leg room. The Tundra is a little tight there. The rest of the difference is the hood. The Dodge is also a couple inches higher under the tranny. With that length, it need extra clearance.

Man, your about as wishy washy as I was when I was looking for a new tow rig. lol

If the diesels didn't require so much maintenance I would have considered one but I prefer the simplicity of the gas engine. Change the oil, fill her with gas and go. That's why I went with 97 F250HD with the 460, she's got a drinkin problem but there's no denying the power behind that engine!

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead