Originally Posted by EvilTwin
Kute,I shoulda been more precise with the comment about British influences. CURRENT not Traditional. BIG difference. Currently the Brits have become a client state. Folks would rather be on the dole than working. I think taht is a fair illustration of attitudes in general.

Great Britain, certainly has their share of problems, much of which stem from their magnificent stand against the spread of totalitarianism, in two World Wars, alone, for almost all of "The Great War" to our victory and for much of WWII.

However, London and New York, still are the two top financial centers in the world, exchanging the first and second positions regularly and the enormous cultural influence, worldwide, of England, on literally billions of people(s) exceeds that of either Russia or even China.

The reputation of the British is respected everywhere, their military is THE pattern for almost every successful military on Earth and H.M. Queen Elizabeth II, is the one monarch, who can and does travel worldwide to be greeted with admiration and respect.....the "upper classes" in the eastern US fawn all over her.

When, Britain's little outpost in "The Falklands" was attacked by the macho Argies, the outpouring of volunteer support here in Canada and in the other Dominions, was enormous....we were ready to fight and win, as we always have, against the bloody invader and while the offers were refused, they were genuine...I know, I was among them.

So, old boy, many if not most Canadians and, certainly, those, like me, of the families who built this nation over the past almost 400 years, WANT the British influence here, now and forever.....God Save The Queen!!!

I would like to re-do our rather pathetic Constitution, however and here is where I feel the USA got it right and we should use yours, largely written by English liberals, as a "pattern".

The other aspect of this is many, me included, want British influence to stay strong to fight off the hated "monsewers" and "the multicult mob".