Sad, that an immigrant to Canada, sees the FACTS of this situation more clearly than most Canadian gun owners allow themselves to do.

That said, I very seriously doubt that the LPC WILL form another government for quite some time to come and, while "La Dauphin" may become P.M., it will not happen as simply as many seem to think.

NOW, repeat, NOW,is the time for the YOUNGER shooters to get busy, form political alliances and elect solid "PRO" people to The House of Commons. We older, as in 60+ folks are about done and having been active in fighting gun control since I was 21, am 66 now, I am tired, have a semi-invalid wife to consider and no younger relatives to help. So, it's up to the people who have most to lose.

IF, Harper, sees a political advantage to it, he will accept that committee's proposals and even more gun freedom in a "New York Minute", the man is ALL about opportunism and that is politics in 2013, all over the globe.

Very good post, "pricedo", welcome to "the Great White North" and keep up the good work!