Originally Posted by Bud Gills
Originally Posted by Gatehouse
Originally Posted by pricedo
Changes are needed in Canada my second country of citizenship but who is going to make those changes?
Even before the Newtown, Connecticut tragedy Harper had already sent clear signals that the abolition of the long gun registry was all the Canadian gun owners were going to get. The bulk of the oppressive Liberal C-68 firearms bill is still in effect.
Who is going to make these changes? The Justin Trudeau led Liberal government in 2015? I hardly think so.
The RCMP, the CFOs and the Quebec government will have enough information to reinstate the long gun registry and handguns and semi-automatic long guns will be banned to punish the Canadian gun owners for backing Harper and his Conservative party.
And YES, the majority of Canadian gun owners wlll re-register their long guns.

I dont see it. Long gun owners balked at registration already, and they will balk again. Less than 50% of long gun owners registered their guns when C-68 went through, and after this fiasco I see less than 10% compliance the next time.

I never registered a single long gun I owned, and I waited out the storm until the registry was done. And I didn't bury these guns, either, I used them for hunting and shooting at the range. Mos people know did the same.

When the BC Co's checked us while hunting, they were universal "Don't even bother to look for your registration certificates, because we don;t give a crap about them. Just show us your guns are unloaded in your vehicle and your hunting licenses, and that is it"

RCMP were a little less emphatic, but similar. "You hunting? okay. You got PAL's? Great, lets see them. We only need to see one for all of you. Guns registered? Yes? Great. We don't need to check. Thanks"

Canadians will never submit to another long gun registry as long as most of us will live. Even the cops think it's bullshit.

Don't get me wrong here, I never had nor ever will have any liking for the long gone gun registry, but I did register my guns out of respect for law.
My question Gatehouse is this.... you claim to have had no registered firearms so then how did you acquire your much bragged about Ruger Alaskan after the registry was in effect.
If that is so you broke the then existing law as did the store that sold a registered firearm to you without a transfer,obviously not a legal transaction.
You set a fine example as moderator on a so-called hunting forum.

Busted?? ;-).