Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by reelman
If you hunt deer with one you deserve a slap upside the head! Now if you finish off a wounded one with a shot to the back of the head that's a different story.

This thread is not about deer hunting with a 380. It's a carry over of another thread to prove that the 380 is not an effective self defense round.

To the OP
If you don't mind, can you tell us how old you are. No offense intended and it's just to satisfy my own curiosity and theories.

I am 62 years old and will be 63 in January and I have killed a hell od a lot of game with both a handgun and a rifle.

I have a wealth of experience in this area and if you would like to talk to me then simply PM me and I will give you a phone number.

The 380 and 32 are no more adequate for deer than they are as a primary self defense pistol. woeful under powered for the role. The distance through the shoulder of a deer is shorted than the distance threw the right shoulder of a 200 plus pound determined attacker. National average is 80% of shots fired are misses in the life or death encounter. The smallish pistols that the 380 and 32 are chambered in are not easy to precisely places ones shot coupled with the very limited power they are not what I would ever stake my life on

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first