I do not care what you carry but the fact is they are very anemic and are not adequate and that is not opinion that is fact

Originally Posted by DocRocket
Exactly.

I have personally witnessed and/or participated in rigorously controlled ballistic gelatin tests with two different recognized ballistics testing organizations, and have limited access privileges to ballistics databases from two .gov agencies. The two organizations I've worked with directly include one of the largest ammunition manufacturers in the USA and a major supplier of military and police ammo; the second is run by a consortium of law enforcement agencies and the U.S. Navy in California.

The uniform results and the opinions of all the ballisticians I've worked with is that nearly every .380 JHP load manufactured fails to meet the FBI performance protocol in any but the most ideal conditions. It does not come even close to performing to FBI standards when fired through intermediate barriers such as automobile glass.

I have said this before, and I'll say it again: it's no skin off my nose of anybody wants to carry a .380 for personal protection. It's your gun and your life, do what you want to do.

But I will continue to object to and contradict any of the claims made by the .380's fans that it performs to a standard equal to any of the established service calibers from 9x19mm on up. It is simply not true.
\

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first