First off I do not have a false premise although it appears that you do. Have you even read Docrockets post that I quoted? It certainly appears not. If a firearm is not adequate for deer it dam sure is not adequate to protect ones life against a determined attacker that may weigh twice as much and need even more penetration to reach the vitals.

Since test handgun round and or bullets on humans is illegal and rightly so doing so in the hunting fields and the use of properly calibrated ordnance gelatin is an excellent alternative.

Have you ever taken an animal with a handgun? Judging by your post I think not

Once again I met a man that was shot with a 380 and the bullet bounced out and landed on his outstretched hand, he still has the bullet. If this is what you want to use by all means I could care less, but to argue that the 380 is an adequate caliber is beyond reason

The context of this thread the 45 is definitely adequate and the 380 is not, you trying to bring in scenarios that are outside the realm of CCW carry and personnel defense on a normal basis is silly at best and the 380 is inadequate for such use , that is fact that has been proven over and over

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first