We are talking apples and oranges.

If I get up opening day of deer season, look in my gun safe, and pick out an LCP to use deer hunting, then I am a fool.
If a deer comes into my yard and tries to harm me, he is going to feel the full fury of a 380 and probably will not live to tell about it.

If I leave my LCP at home because it might not be effective against all drug crazed criminals or soldiers in the heat of battle, then I am again a fool. If I am going to play Charles Bronson and go out looking for trouble, I am going to take something bigger than a 380.

Is a 380 likely to be useful in most unexpected encounters with bad guys? Probably.

Is there anything I can easily carry concealed that will be effective in all possible situations? No.

It reminds me of the woman who asked the guard armed with a handgun at a school function if he was expecting trouble. He replied that if he was expecting trouble he would have brought his shotgun.

We are discussing extreme situations and should not be. You can never cover all bases in all the extreme situations that are possible. There is also a big difference between going out looking to kill something and trying to get yourself out of a situation that has been unexpectedly thrust upon you.