Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by Dan_Chamberlain
Whitworth, I'm not a fan of the .380, but in answer to your question, one would think you'd be getting a lot closer to the human antagonist than you would to the deer. There isn't so much difference between the .380 and the 9mm or the .38 Special to make me stand up and advocate one over the other in every situation.

I will say, all the technical arguments aside, accurate energy delivered on target is the most important factor in selecting a defensive round. The 10mm (which I don't own) is probably the best semi-auto round for self defense, but my choice is, was and will always be the .45acp. One only needs to shoot it on reactive targets side by side with the .380 or 9mm to see that even with shorter barrels, it delivers more mass/energy and that's the key.

Still, even a drugged up hood will drop to a .380 delivered to the bridge of the nose or a couple to the sternum.

The rather smallish pistols that are chambered in the 380 make such shot placement much more difficult in my experience

I prefer the 45 Super to even the 10mm

[Linked Image]

jwp475..... what is the difference between the 45 super and the 45 acp with +P ammo?

Thanks Roy