Originally Posted by rattler
if taken care of properly it is some of the best wild game meat....if treated poorly it is some of the worst.....get the critter skinned and the meat in a cooler ASAP and it is outstanding....let the critter bounce around in the back of the pickup all day, especially on the typical warm day of speed goat hunting weather and sometimes dogs wont eat it crazy

100%

My first antelope was shot on a snowy day. Some other hunters spooked the herd. I shot my buck as they milled around trying to cross a fence. We gutted him and dragged him a mile back to the truck. The buck (other than for the photo shoot) rode in the truck for about 8 hrs before I skinned him. I could barely eat him, he was so gamey tasting. frown As a new hunter, it was so bad, it could have caused me to quit, because I didn't like the taste. All subsequent antelope have been skinned imediately after gutting, placed in cheesecloth and transported inside my canopied truck. Now I would rate antelope as the finest meat I have harvested and I have harvested sheep, WT, MD, elk and moose. My sister who doesn't like game meat, will eat antelope.

Treat an antelope right, and it is the best IMO.