An old friend of my was out here a couple years ago, and shot two doe antelope.. He took them home and fed them to his gun club during the annual wild game dinner.. He said they were the hit of the evening..
The little steak we had at breakfast the other morning was the first antelope stk. I have eaten in 40 years.. When I drew my first tag, my wife and I ate it that fall.. But one of the guys I worked with made his into jerky.. It was excellent.. So the next fall that is what we did with it.. That has been the way we did things all these years.. We hunted antelope first.. Made jerky as quickly as possible, then hunted deer and elk for the freezer. It is good, but it also makes the very best jerky of the three local big game animals.. I still have my buck hanging in the shed.. Will cut him up tomorrow probably..
Most of my game is hung skinned, and cooling in the shed within minutes of being shot.. Especially antelope.. Deer some times we have to drive aways, or skin it in the mts. if we are hunting else where.. Elk usually are skinned as soon as I can get them hung.. If they have to be brought out the next day, then they are skinned as soon as I get them hung up..

Molon Labe