Originally Posted by rattler
Originally Posted by las
I've eaten pronghorn from several others' killings. It has been excellent. I've eaten Mt goat of my own killing - it too has been excellent- nearly the quality of wild sheep. The two species (pronghorn and mt goat) are not related...

IIRC, the mt goat is most closely related to antelope, while the pronghorn is way out there somewhere on it's own...

Like said above, much depends on shot placement, and after-shot care, tho individual animals can vary somewhat.

goats and sheep are related to bovines and true antelopes

prong horn belong to the same general group but they split off much earlier than the others with no truly close relatives....all of them, sheep, goats, bovines, speed goats, giraffes, deer ect belong to the same Infraorder: Pecora.....

they then split off from there with bovines, sheep and goats going to the family Bovidae and girrafes and speed goats going to their own families of which speedgoats are the last living member of theirs though there used to be a heck of a variety.....same with the girrafe group only the subspecies of girrafes and okapis today but used to be a whole lot....

Hmmm, now if giraffe were to taste like a good antelope.......

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.