Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by RobJordan
Originally Posted by WhiteTail48
This news is 10 years old--November 2003 ??

Woman soldiers, it's a package deal and goes with the territory. Women better have the balls to deal with it if that's what they want.

Yeah, but is that what they want? The politicians, MSM and the military spin it, leaving out the realities of combat in order to sell gender-equality to women and the public, when the truth of women in combat is far different than the spin. Give Lynch credit though, she could have ridden to glory the lie that she was spraying lead, fighting like a warrior right to the end, but she did not. The reality apparently is, her rifle jammed, there is no indication she even tried to clear it (I'll lay dollars to donuts, she didn't even know how), and she immediately goes to her knees praying. That is the reality of women in close quarters battle folks. They can't fight. And its not their fault. They simply don't have testosterone. Women have no place in combat. When the whole Lynch thing went down, is really pissed me off how the military lied about her emptying magazines on the enemy. That was a complete lie. The truth was, she all but curled up in the fetal position.

Jordan

And they gave her a Bronze Star with a "V" device. Decoration sort of lost all meaning to me then.... Oh and spot on. We all knew shs had been gang-raped as was those other females during the first Gulf War which we tried to work into the calculus about the idiocy of females in the combat arms and this, along with pregnancies, exaggerated claims of sexual harrassment, lower physical standards, sex, etc were all swept under the table.
It all starts in ROTC where you have lower PT standards for females. Lower standards equate to...lower standards, meaning you have inferior personnel. Inferior personnel mean troops that are always having to have somebody else carry their water. All this talk of equal treatment under the law and then you have this. Once upon a time I applied for a job where they hired a black guy with much lower qualifications than I had. This [bleep] is real and has been for a long, long time. It's not reverse discrimination, it's flat out discrimination. If a female can do the job equal to a man, that's fine, but when they can't then there it [bleep] is. I never liked the ideas of equipping the whole army with the black beret either. You don't raise morale by lowering standards you just lower the whole tone instead of vice-versa.