In my opinion this whole women in combat is perpetuated by female officers who want to command and promotion.

We had a female lt. who lasted 3 weeks in Gulf go around 1.

Our female MP's were a joke, they couldn't carry combat loads resulting in equipment being left behind or one of the guys to carry extra.

They had no command respect in contact with indigenous or troops who had been in the desert for 9 months. Try breaking up a huge fight involving 20 plus combatants with just a 100 pound female as backup...not fun.

Watched three divorces and two pregnancies during one deployment from guys not controlling their peckers. Fights between guys for females attention. Special consideration for females for showing up late to formation, showers, laundry, meals etc. ruins morale.

Later had a female MP captain who was great in the office and kept the old guard senior NCO's in check. Ran a great patrol division and managed law enforcement operations really well. But out on the street or in the field she never left the tent of office.

I recall our Provost Marshall make sure that she always had two of us as "assistant and a driver" to make sure she was protected.

In Desert Storm the number of rapes on US females was thru the roof by both troops and indigenous personnel. Way to much down time with no stress relief, access to alcohol, and lack of women was in my opinion a major contributing factor.

I recall one night on foot patrol in Dammam, a female PIO officer and her camera crew were filming. They caused such a ruckus with the show owners, the Muhtawa, that we had to stand between them with the Saudi cops and locals after they tossed her and her crew around like rag dolls.

Love my girls but I don't want them anywhere near a combat oriented unit.