Edited
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
She signed up, she made it through Army basic training, and she served her country to the best of her ability on that day.
I mean, her vehicle crashed into the truck in front of it hard enough that it killed the other people in the truck. How da [bleep] would YOU be able to function with your bell rung like that?
This is very true, and real for everyone.

watch4bear, and other like thinking individuals, think about this for a minute before replying.

I spent close to 4 years in the middle east and am familiar with things a little more than avaerage. I have combat service and have opinions like everyone else. Mine differ a lot from people who have never seen combat, never served, and know more because of the internet than because of life experience.

I have seen big bad-assed men fail miserably when under fire. I've seen them crying like a little bitch. I've seen people who froze up, and have seen some of the most unlikey turn into ass kicking machines. It is each person unto thier own when the chips are down. And yes that includes women.

Women in the military and in combat will not go away. I do think they should be treated equally at every step of training in order to give them an equal chance in combat. They will after all face the same situation as men when in combat. There will be no reprieve for them. They will have a higher wash-out rate than men but that should prevent them from having a higher percentage of the casualties on the other end. I've seen both functional and non-functional women. If that meens one of every 100 fine. When they know what they will face is equal to the men there will be far fewer trying for that MOS. I'd have them train together from dawn to dusk. Humility may become an issue but it wouldn't take long for the cream to rise to the top. Even if it is but one. Done correctly I would be able to count on that one having my back. That isn't how it is now. Unfortunatly I've had men with me that shouldn't have made it through basic either. It's a tuff world, reality should be ok to dole out as needed.

By the way, one of the best snipers I worked with was an Israeli woman.

If you paint all with the same brush you're either an ignorant fck with no experience, or an internet expert.

Last edited by BigNate; 11/12/13.

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson