Originally Posted by MallardAddict
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Here's a little Aggie history as to how the Real 12th Man Tradition started:

The 12th Man tradition began in Dallas on January 2, 1922, at the Dixie Classic, the forerunner of the Cotton Bowl Classic. A&M played defending national champion Centre College in the first postseason game in the southwest. In this hard-fought game, which produced national publicity, an underdog Aggie team was slowly defeating a team which had allowed fewer than six points per game. The first half produced so many injuries for A&M, Coach D. X. Bible feared he would not have enough men to finish the game. At that moment, he called into the Aggie section of the stands for E. King Gill, a student who had left football after the regular season to play basketball. Gill, who was spotting players for a Waco newspaper and was not in football uniform, donned the uniform of injured player Heine Weir and stood on the sidelines to await his turn. Although he did not actually play in the game, his readiness to play symbolized the willingness of all Aggies to support their team to the point of actually entering the game. When the game ended in a 22-14 Aggie victory, Gill was the only man left standing on the sidelines for the Aggies. Gill later said, "I wish I could say that I went in and ran for the winning touchdown, but I did not. I simply stood by in case my team needed me."[52] A statue of E. King Gill stands to the north of Kyle Field to remind Aggies of their constant obligation to preserve the spirit of the 12th Man

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:EKingGill.jpg

Holy dogshittt CHL you couldn't be more wrong if you tried and using Wikipedia as your source reference is lame as hell.

Pretty sure your precious Aggies stole the "12th man" term from the University of Iowa Alumini who coined the term in 1912 a full 10 years before the Aggies stole it. The Aggies "trademarked" the term but they sure as hell didn't create it.

Nice try but your statements and those of the Aggies and your Wikipedia link are false and easily proven so.

UNIVERSITY of IIOOWWAAA ? Hell, I didn't even know the HAD a Football Team wink

And since our Aggie Code of Conduct that most of us Alumni live by says we don't Steal, Lie, or Cheat, i doubt seriously that Coach Dana Bible had ever even HEARD of U of Iowa. It was a tradition that started on our field that day due to player injury, for Aggies. It Had nothing to do with Iowa. Get a grip, dude. Your starting to sound like OKOK cool

Last edited by chlinstructor; 01/20/14.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~