Originally Posted by dtspoke
As a contrast to this sordid deal, let me tell you about the most recent transaction I've had here that took place over the last couple of weeks.

I posted a desire to buy a Win EW in 7WSM since they are hard to find for sale. I had a few guys PM me with different guns (thanks by the way), but Double_D (hope he doesn't mind me using his handle) contacted me with one that had quite a bit of good work done on it and was exactly what I had been looking for.

He gave me a great deal on it and covered shipping. I sent him a check and he had the gun at UPS before it even cleared. Then, after the stated arrival date I contacted UPS to clarify when the new date would be and they stated it was lost in transit.

I contacted the seller just to give him a heads up that I had filed a lost package report with UPS (I do this as a matter of course due to the amount of time an investigation can take).

Now, he did everything on his end and it certainly wan't his fault, but he guarantees my money even if they don't find the gun. I couldn't do that in good conscious and I knew UPS would either find it eventually or pay the claim, but it was nice to have that kind of over the top desire to make a deal right.

LOTS of good communication.

The gun shows up a few days later (it had been stuck on a truck in bad weather) and it just so much nicer than I had hoped.

Great deal.

I would much rather hear about great deals ending smoothly. This is what I have come to find, usually, on the fire.

Matt